Gao Zhisheng Interviewee Dies Due to Torture1 November, 2010 at 21:03 | Posted in China, Gao Zhisheng, human rights, persecution, slave labor camps | Leave a comment
Tags: CCP, China, Falun Gong, Gao Zhisheng, human rights, persecution of dissidents
Middle-aged woman had been detained 12 times in 11 years, subjected to repeated violence
NEW YORK—A 53-year-old woman, whose testimony of excruciating and professionally-administered torture attorney Gao Zhisheng relayed in one of his open letters to China’s leaders, died in mid-October as a result of abuse in custody.
According to sources inside China, Ms. Sun Shuxiang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Changchun, died on October 10, four months after her release from a labor camp, where she was shocked with electric batons, injected with unidentified drugs, and forced to perform hard labor. A photo taken immediately upon her return home and smuggled out of China shows her emaciated body.
Sun is the third of Gao’s interviewees known to have subsequently been tortured to death. Gao himself has been disappeared since April 2010, with many fearing he may have been killed in custody. This past week, his teenage daughter appealed to U.S. President Barack Obama to seek information about Gao’s whereabouts in an upcoming meeting with Hu Jintao (“Please Return My Father,” Wall Street Journal)
Leave a Comment »
On this website I will in different ways express what I think gives meaning to life and also what might be a challenge.
It may include the need for sustainable development for our planet, or various questions about our health and mental well-being.
To be truthful, to be good, to have patience and compassion, are spiritual qualities that are a part of my cultivation of self through Falun Gong /Falun Dafa, the way of insights. To refine and improve myself to a better, more compassionate human being gives my life great meaning.
I also bring up more difficult issues , like the persecution of Falun Gong and others in China and explain more about the mentality of the Chinese regime. We can never forget about the Human Rights!
What's important is also everything that makes life beautiful; as good thoughts, beautiful music, healthy food, beautiful art and beautiful scenery. And loving relationships.
I hope you will find something that might interest you in this blog and perhaps brighten up your day or give you a new understanding.
TRANSLATE THE BLOG
Insights & More in Swedish
Photo of the Month
SHEN YUN PERFORMING ARTS
- Trial of Young ‘Rumor’ Monger Tries to Chill Internet in China
- Six in 10 Brits now sleep deprived because of smartphones and computers
- Congrats! :-) – Epoch Times Wins 16 Awards at Annual Newspaper Conference
- US State Department Joins Support for Detained Chinese Lawyers
- Amazing – Unlocking a car with your Brain
- The Incredible Story of How Leopard Diabolo Became Spirit
- In the Middle of a Blue Anemone
- The View From Inside China’s Brutal Prison System
- China Dream Became ‘Nightmare’ for Rights in China, Report Says
- 5 Keys to Mental Toughness
- Zlatan’s Volvo Ad: It Looks Like a Swedish Dream, but It’s Really a Chinese Nightmare (Video)
- Six Tips for Safer Drinking Water
- Crop Scientist Likens China’s Smog to Nuclear Winter
- Dog Breeds: What Does Your Choice of Breed Say About You?
- A New Facility Replaces Labor Camps in China
- How to Stop Flatus From Beans, Chick Peas and Lentils
- Amira Willighagen, 9, Amazes Again Singing 'Ave Maria' Opera
- Living on Prana - Yogi Lives Seven Decades Without Food or Water
- About me
- City in Focus: Cherry Blossoms in Seoul (Photos)
- Quote of the Day - Being Good, Simple and Down to Earth
- Falun Dafa Art
- This is Serious: The Long-Term Effects of Spanking
- Mermaids Are Real: Columbus, Shakespeare, and Pliny the Elder
- Trial of Young ‘Rumor’ Monger Tries to Chill Internet in China wp.me/pOHsg-3Mv 1 week ago
- Six in 10 Brits now sleep deprived because of smartphones and computers –@Telegraph wp.me/pOHsg-3Mp 1 week ago
- Congrats! :-) – Epoch Times Wins 16 Awards at Annual Newspaper Conference wp.me/pOHsg-3Md 2 weeks ago
- US State Department Joins Support for Detained Chinese Lawyers wp.me/pOHsg-3M0 2 weeks ago
- ‘Civilization Will End’ Study Carried Out by NASA; Looks Grim for Industrial Society theepochtimes.com/n3/573571-civi… 2 weeks ago
- Psychic Spies of the Cold War - The Epoch Times theepochtimes.com/n3/591143-psyc… 2 weeks ago
- Researchers Study Chicken Nuggets, Find Mostly Nerves, Bone, Fat theepochtimes.com/n3/308794-rese… 2 weeks ago
- Morning Light May Aid Weight Management theepochtimes.com/n3/601548-morn… 2 weeks ago
- Epoch Times Wins 16 Awards at Annual Newspaper Conference - The Epoch Times theepochtimes.com/n3/605740-epoc… 2 weeks ago
- Amazing – Unlocking a car with your Brain wp.me/pOHsg-3LV 2 weeks ago
- The Incredible Story of How Leopard Diabolo Became Spirit wp.me/pOHsg-3LS 2 weeks ago
- In the Middle of a Blue Anemorte wp.me/pOHsg-3LO 2 weeks ago
- The View From Inside China’s Brutal Prison System wp.me/pOHsg-3LB 2 weeks ago
- China Dream Became ‘Nightmare’ for Rights in China, Report Says wp.me/pOHsg-3Ls 1 month ago
- Is There More Than One Universe? » The Epoch Times theepochtimes.com/n3/478463-is-t… 1 month ago
- Animal welfare
- Body & Mind
- Charity Work
- Chinese culture
- Environmental issues
- Falun Dafa/Falun Gong
- Funny things :-)
- IT and Media
~ “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.” Martin Luther King
~ “Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.” Gandhi
~ "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
~ "Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." Frank Outlaw
~ "Experience has taught me that the greatest inner tranquility comes from developing love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts our mind at ease. It helps remove our own fears and insecurities and gives us strength to face obstacles." Dalai Lama
~ "Emotional intelligence is the ability to take on another person’s perspective. With that achievement comes empathy, sympathy, altruism, the reduction of stress and a kind of wisdom that is in many ways more important than IQ." Jonny Bowden
~ "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be; all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice and experience of them." Socrates
~ "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
Falun Dafa – Quote
"Think about it, everyone: If each individual deep down inside requires himself to be a good person, is able to exercise self-restraint, and considers others in everything he does, not harming others and instead thinking about whether others can handle it, imagine what society would be like."
"You should always maintain a heart of compassion and kindness. Then, when you run into a problem, you will be able to do well because it gives you room to buffer the confrontation. You should always be benevolent and kind to others, and consider others when doing anything. Whenever you encounter a problem, you should first consider whether others can put up with this matter or if it will hurt anyone. In doing so, there will not be any problems."
"Compassion is an enormous energy, the energy of righteous gods. The more compassion that is present, the greater this energy becomes, and it can disintegrate anything that is bad... It can disintegrate all that is not right. And naturally, the power of your compassion will grow in proportion to your level, which is to say, it is determined by your cultivation level."
"Human society never had true principles to guide it before, so man has not resolved his problems via shan (compassion, benevolence, goodness). Instead, man has always resolved things through fighting and conquest, and that has thus become man's norm. If man wants to become divine and transcend the human state, then he must forsake that frame of mind and use compassion to resolve things."
"Cultivate your heart and get rid of your karma and you will be able to see how your original nature comes out."
- Man's sense of loneliness comes from being separated from his True Self and the community that exist at that level of the Universe. Solitude is thus an illusion we live in because of our ego and our selfish me, that separates us from the harmony of the soul and the universe and higher forms of life.
- By striving and wanting we create emotions that makes us selfish. I want this, I want that... Look at this in a conflict situation... Unselfishness looks at the best for everybody, me and others included. And if needed I can give up my craving.
- A lofty mind gives lofty thoughts and lofty thoughts gives a lofty mind. :-)
- 147,893 hits