My name is Liu Xiaotian
A film by Christopher Brekne
After murdering his parents only because they practised the popular qigong method Falun Gong, the Chinese police came for young boy Xiaotian as well. Hunted across China for two years, ruined physically and mentally, Xiaotian finally escaped out of China — this is his story told by himself.
2 Comments »
On this website I will in different ways express what I think gives meaning to life and also what might be a challenge.
It may include the need for sustainable development for our planet, or various questions about our health and mental well-being.
To be truthful, to be good, to have patience and compassion, are spiritual qualities that are a part of my cultivation of self through Falun Gong /Falun Dafa, the way of insights. To refine and improve myself to a better, more compassionate human being gives my life great meaning.
I also bring up more difficult issues , like the persecution of Falun Gong and others in China and explain more about the mentality of the Chinese regime. We can never forget about the Human Rights!
What's important is also everything that makes life beautiful; as good thoughts, beautiful music, healthy food, beautiful art and beautiful scenery. And loving relationships.
I hope you will find something that might interest you in this blog and perhaps brighten up your day or give you a new understanding.
TRANSLATE THE BLOG
Insights & More in Swedish
Photo of the Month
SHEN YUN PERFORMING ARTS
- A Light in the Dark – Lucia
- How the Heart Is Like a ‘Little Brain’: Which Is Really in Control?
- Britain’s First ‘Social Supermarket’ Opens Its Doors
- Why the Chinese Regime Wants to Kick Out Western Journalists Now
- 7 Headlines You Won’t Read Anywhere Else Today: Dec. 10
- 1.5 Million in 53 Countries Say ‘No’ to Organ Harvesting
- Award-Winning Hong Kong Journalist Tells Why Beijing Refused Visa
- How the Heart is Like a ‘Little Brain’: Which Is Really in Control?
- Major Crackdown on Bloggers in China Reported
- Chinese Pastor and Church Members Detained
- “The Courage to Believe” – “Best Song for Indie/Documentary Film”
- PressTV – Europe council to adopt measures against human organ trade
- Pre-Hacked Electronics Come Straight From China’s Factories
- Petition to the United Nations – DAFOH
- Chinese labor camp inmate tells of true horror of Halloween ‘SOS’
- Living on Prana - Yogi Lives Seven Decades Without Food or Water
- Britain's First 'Social Supermarket' Opens Its Doors
- Eastern Dragons Differ From Western Dragons
- The Plum Blossom: A Symbol of Strength
- How to Stop Flatus From Beans, Chick Peas and Lentils
- Healthy and Tasty (Christmas) Candy
- Viking Sunstone Found? Scientists Find Odd Stone in Shipwreck
- Why the Chinese Regime Wants to Kick Out Western Journalists Now
- About me
- A Light in the dark - Lucia wp.me/pOHsg-3CX 6 hours ago
- How the Heart Is Like a ‘Little Brain’: Which Is Really in Control? wp.me/pOHsg-3CS 9 hours ago
- Britain's First 'Social Supermarket' Opens Its Doors wp.me/pOHsg-3CE 1 day ago
- Why the Chinese Regime Wants to Kick Out Western Journalists Now wp.me/pOHsg-3CK 2 days ago
- 7 Headlines You Won’t Read Anywhere Else Today: Dec. 10 wp.me/pOHsg-3CA 2 days ago
- 1.5 Million in 53 Countries Say ‘No’ to Organ Harvesting wp.me/pOHsg-3Cu 3 days ago
- Award-Winning Hong Kong Journalist Tells Why Beijing Refused Visa wp.me/pOHsg-3Cn 1 week ago
- How the Heart is Like a ‘Little Brain’: Which Is Really in Control? wp.me/pOHsg-3Cf 2 weeks ago
- Major Crackdown on Bloggers in China Reported wp.me/pOHsg-3C8 2 weeks ago
- Chinese Pastor and Church Members Detained wp.me/pOHsg-3C2 2 weeks ago
- 2013 "Best Song for Indie/Documentary Film" wp.me/pOHsg-3BS 2 weeks ago
- PressTV - Europe council to adopt measures against human organ trade wp.me/pOHsg-3BI 2 weeks ago
- Pre-Hacked Electronics Come Straight From China's Factories wp.me/pOHsg-3BC 2 weeks ago
- Chinese labor camp inmate tells of true horror of Halloween 'SOS' wp.me/pOHsg-3Am 3 weeks ago
- 13 Crazy Coincidences That Could Make You Believe in Fate wp.me/pOHsg-3AR 3 weeks ago
- Animal welfare
- Body & Mind
- Charity Work
- Chinese culture
- Environmental issues
- Falun Dafa/Falun Gong
- Funny things :-)
- IT and Media
~ “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.” Martin Luther King
~ “Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.” Gandhi
~ "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
~ "Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." Frank Outlaw
~ "Experience has taught me that the greatest inner tranquility comes from developing love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts our mind at ease. It helps remove our own fears and insecurities and gives us strength to face obstacles." Dalai Lama
~ "Emotional intelligence is the ability to take on another person’s perspective. With that achievement comes empathy, sympathy, altruism, the reduction of stress and a kind of wisdom that is in many ways more important than IQ." Jonny Bowden
~ "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be; all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice and experience of them." Socrates
~ "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
Falun Dafa – Quote
"Think about it, everyone: If each individual deep down inside requires himself to be a good person, is able to exercise self-restraint, and considers others in everything he does, not harming others and instead thinking about whether others can handle it, imagine what society would be like."
"You should always maintain a heart of compassion and kindness. Then, when you run into a problem, you will be able to do well because it gives you room to buffer the confrontation. You should always be benevolent and kind to others, and consider others when doing anything. Whenever you encounter a problem, you should first consider whether others can put up with this matter or if it will hurt anyone. In doing so, there will not be any problems."
"Compassion is an enormous energy, the energy of righteous gods. The more compassion that is present, the greater this energy becomes, and it can disintegrate anything that is bad... It can disintegrate all that is not right. And naturally, the power of your compassion will grow in proportion to your level, which is to say, it is determined by your cultivation level."
"Human society never had true principles to guide it before, so man has not resolved his problems via shan (compassion, benevolence, goodness). Instead, man has always resolved things through fighting and conquest, and that has thus become man's norm. If man wants to become divine and transcend the human state, then he must forsake that frame of mind and use compassion to resolve things."
"Cultivate your heart and get rid of your karma and you will be able to see how your original nature comes out."
- Man's sense of loneliness comes from being separated from his True Self and the community that exist at that level of the Universe. Solitude is thus an illusion we live in because of our ego and our selfish me, that separates us from the harmony of the soul and the universe and higher forms of life.
- By striving and wanting we create emotions that makes us selfish. I want this, I want that... Look at this in a conflict situation... Unselfishness looks at the best for everybody, me and others included. And if needed I can give up my craving.
- A lofty mind gives lofty thoughts and lofty thoughts gives a lofty mind. :-)
- 141,990 hits