The Nap25 April, 2010 at 09:45 | Posted in Chinese culture | 2 Comments
Tags: ancient chinese poetry, Chinese culture
A stone for a pillow and all is quiet.
From my fingers the book falls down.
Then a fisherman‘s flute’s drill is heard from the river.
I notice that when I wake up I smile.
About 1087 AD
2 Comments »
On this website I will in different ways express what I think gives meaning to life and also what might be a challenge.
It may include the need for sustainable development for our planet, or various questions about our health and mental well-being.
To be truthful, to be good, to have patience and compassion, are spiritual qualities that are a part of my cultivation of self through Falun Gong /Falun Dafa, the way of insights. To refine and improve myself to a better, more compassionate human being gives my life great meaning.
I also bring up more difficult issues , like the persecution of Falun Gong and others in China and explain more about the mentality of the Chinese regime. We can never forget about the Human Rights!
What's important is also everything that makes life beautiful; as good thoughts, beautiful music, healthy food, beautiful art and beautiful scenery. And loving relationships.
I hope you will find something that might interest you in this blog and perhaps brighten up your day or give you a new understanding.
TRANSLATE THE BLOG
Insights & More in Swedish
SHEN YUN PERFORMING ARTS
- Moving to Facebook
- If You Speak Mandarin, Your Brain Is Different
- Report Says ‘2,500 Tons Of Fake Food’ Seized Across the World
- Mummy Found Inside 1,000-Year-Old Buddha Statue
- Chinese New Year 2015: The Year of the Goat
- 7 Essentials of Mindfulness Practice
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!
- Merry Christmas!
- How to Manage Stress
- Thousands in Beijing Protest for Their Rights on Human Rights Day, Are Arrested
- A Healthy Winter By Following Eastern Medicine Guidelines
- Beijing Struggles to Reach a Decision About Hong Kong
- Treating Body and Mind Through the Spleen
- 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field
- Are You A Highly Sensitive Person?
- Living on Prana - Yogi Lives Seven Decades Without Food or Water
- How to Stop Flatus From Beans, Chick Peas and Lentils
- Quote of the Day - Being Good, Simple and Down to Earth
- The Legendary Udumbara Flower
- Naquatica: Bosnia Pyramid Carbon Dated 25 Thousand Years Old
- Ancient Chinese Yin-Yang Fish Bowl Remains a Mystery
- New Therapy Rings the Changes for Tinnitus Sufferers
- Falun Gong
- Study on Yogi Prahlad Jani’s Fasting Miracles Concludes
- Crop Circle 'inspired by most beautiful formula in mathematics' Appears in Wiltshire
- Moving to Facebook wp.me/pOHsg-3Xt 12 months ago
- If You Speak Mandarin, Your Brain Is Different wp.me/pOHsg-3Xg 1 year ago
- Report Says ‘2,500 Tons Of Fake Food’ Seized Across the World wp.me/pOHsg-3Xk 1 year ago
- Mummy Found Inside 1,000-Year-Old Buddha Statue wp.me/pOHsg-3X7 1 year ago
- Chinese New Year 2015: The Year of the Goat wp.me/pOHsg-3WX 1 year ago
- 7 Essentials of Mindfulness Practice wp.me/pOHsg-3WU 1 year ago
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015! wp.me/pOHsg-3WS 1 year ago
- Merry Christmas! wp.me/pOHsg-3Wy 1 year ago
- How to Manage Stress wp.me/pOHsg-3Ok 1 year ago
- Thousands in Beijing Protest for Their Rights on Human Rights Day, Are Arrested wp.me/pOHsg-3Ws 1 year ago
- A Healthy Winter By Following Eastern Medicine Guidelines wp.me/pOHsg-3Wo 1 year ago
- Beijing Struggles to Reach a Decision About Hong Kong – The Epoch Times wp.me/pOHsg-3We 1 year ago
- Treating Body and Mind Through the Spleen wp.me/pOHsg-3Wb 1 year ago
- 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field wp.me/pOHsg-3VY 1 year ago
- Are You A Highly Sensitive Person? wp.me/pOHsg-3VT 1 year ago
- Animal welfare
- Body & Mind
- Charity Work
- Chinese culture
- Environmental issues
- Falun Dafa/Falun Gong
- Funny things :-)
- IT and Media
~ “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.” Martin Luther King
~ “Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.” Gandhi
~ "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
~ "Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." Frank Outlaw
~ "Experience has taught me that the greatest inner tranquility comes from developing love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts our mind at ease. It helps remove our own fears and insecurities and gives us strength to face obstacles." Dalai Lama
~ "Emotional intelligence is the ability to take on another person’s perspective. With that achievement comes empathy, sympathy, altruism, the reduction of stress and a kind of wisdom that is in many ways more important than IQ." Jonny Bowden
~ "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be; all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice and experience of them." Socrates
~ "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
- Man's sense of loneliness comes from being separated from his True Self and the community that exist at that level of the Universe. Solitude is thus an illusion we live in because of our ego and our selfish me, that separates us from the harmony of the soul and the universe and higher forms of life.
- By striving and wanting we create emotions that makes us selfish. I want this, I want that... Look at this in a conflict situation... Unselfishness looks at the best for everybody, me and others included. And if needed I can give up my craving.
- A lofty mind gives lofty thoughts and lofty thoughts gives a lofty mind. :-)
- 170,871 hits