Caves of Faith – Photo Gallery24 May, 2010 at 21:31 | Posted in Chinese culture, Spirituality | 1 Comment
Tags: chinese art, Chinese culture, Spirituality
The Mogao Caves, or Mogao Grottoes (also known as the Caves of the Thousand Buddhas and Dunhuang Caves) form a system of 492 temples 25 km (15.5 miles) southeast of the center of Dunhuang, an oasis strategically located at a religious and cultural crossroads on the Silk Road, in Gansu province, China. The caves contain some of the finest examples of Buddhist art spanning a period of 1,000 years. Construction of the Buddhist cave shrines began in 366 AD as places to store scriptures and art. The Mogao Caves are the best known of the Chinese Buddhist grottoes and, along with Longmen Grottoes and Yungang Grottoes, are one of the three famous ancient sculptural sites of China.
1 Comment »
On this website I will in different ways express what I think gives meaning to life and also what might be a challenge.
It may include the need for sustainable development for our planet, or various questions about our health and mental well-being.
To be truthful, to be good, to have patience and compassion, are spiritual qualities that are a part of my cultivation of self through Falun Gong /Falun Dafa, the way of insights. To refine and improve myself to a better, more compassionate human being gives my life great meaning.
I also bring up more difficult issues , like the persecution of Falun Gong and others in China and explain more about the mentality of the Chinese regime. We can never forget about the Human Rights!
What's important is also everything that makes life beautiful; as good thoughts, beautiful music, healthy food, beautiful art and beautiful scenery. And loving relationships.
I hope you will find something that might interest you in this blog and perhaps brighten up your day or give you a new understanding.
TRANSLATE THE BLOG
Insights & More in Swedish
SHEN YUN PERFORMING ARTS
- Moving to Facebook
- If You Speak Mandarin, Your Brain Is Different
- Report Says ‘2,500 Tons Of Fake Food’ Seized Across the World
- Mummy Found Inside 1,000-Year-Old Buddha Statue
- Chinese New Year 2015: The Year of the Goat
- 7 Essentials of Mindfulness Practice
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!
- Merry Christmas!
- How to Manage Stress
- Thousands in Beijing Protest for Their Rights on Human Rights Day, Are Arrested
- A Healthy Winter By Following Eastern Medicine Guidelines
- Beijing Struggles to Reach a Decision About Hong Kong
- Treating Body and Mind Through the Spleen
- 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field
- Are You A Highly Sensitive Person?
- How to Stop Flatus From Beans, Chick Peas and Lentils
- Living on Prana - Yogi Lives Seven Decades Without Food or Water
- Study on Yogi Prahlad Jani’s Fasting Miracles Concludes
- Yangtze River Pollution Imperils Hundreds of Millions
- China’s Drinking Water Contaminated With Contraceptives, Says Environmentalist
- Bo Xilai’s Chongqing TV Station Plays ‘Red’ Propaganda in China
- The Meaning of Compact Living in China :-)
- Moving to Facebook wp.me/pOHsg-3Xt 2 weeks ago
- If You Speak Mandarin, Your Brain Is Different wp.me/pOHsg-3Xg 2 months ago
- Report Says ‘2,500 Tons Of Fake Food’ Seized Across the World wp.me/pOHsg-3Xk 2 months ago
- Mummy Found Inside 1,000-Year-Old Buddha Statue wp.me/pOHsg-3X7 2 months ago
- Chinese New Year 2015: The Year of the Goat wp.me/pOHsg-3WX 3 months ago
- 7 Essentials of Mindfulness Practice wp.me/pOHsg-3WU 4 months ago
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015! wp.me/pOHsg-3WS 4 months ago
- Merry Christmas! wp.me/pOHsg-3Wy 5 months ago
- How to Manage Stress wp.me/pOHsg-3Ok 5 months ago
- Thousands in Beijing Protest for Their Rights on Human Rights Day, Are Arrested wp.me/pOHsg-3Ws 5 months ago
- A Healthy Winter By Following Eastern Medicine Guidelines wp.me/pOHsg-3Wo 5 months ago
- Beijing Struggles to Reach a Decision About Hong Kong – The Epoch Times wp.me/pOHsg-3We 5 months ago
- Treating Body and Mind Through the Spleen wp.me/pOHsg-3Wb 5 months ago
- 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field wp.me/pOHsg-3VY 6 months ago
- Are You A Highly Sensitive Person? wp.me/pOHsg-3VT 6 months ago
- Animal welfare
- Body & Mind
- Charity Work
- Chinese culture
- Environmental issues
- Falun Dafa/Falun Gong
- Funny things :-)
- IT and Media
~ “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.” Martin Luther King
~ “Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.” Gandhi
~ "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
~ "Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." Frank Outlaw
~ "Experience has taught me that the greatest inner tranquility comes from developing love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warm-hearted feeling for others automatically puts our mind at ease. It helps remove our own fears and insecurities and gives us strength to face obstacles." Dalai Lama
~ "Emotional intelligence is the ability to take on another person’s perspective. With that achievement comes empathy, sympathy, altruism, the reduction of stress and a kind of wisdom that is in many ways more important than IQ." Jonny Bowden
~ "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be; all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice and experience of them." Socrates
~ "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
- Man's sense of loneliness comes from being separated from his True Self and the community that exist at that level of the Universe. Solitude is thus an illusion we live in because of our ego and our selfish me, that separates us from the harmony of the soul and the universe and higher forms of life.
- By striving and wanting we create emotions that makes us selfish. I want this, I want that... Look at this in a conflict situation... Unselfishness looks at the best for everybody, me and others included. And if needed I can give up my craving.
- A lofty mind gives lofty thoughts and lofty thoughts gives a lofty mind. :-)
- 161,882 hits